POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Strange things happening with my csg. : Re: Strange things happening with my csg. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange things happening with my csg.
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 31 Mar 1998 16:30:43
Message: <35225e51.29279141@10.0.2.33>
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:03:04 +0200, Steven Kroeger
<ste### [at] interquestde> wrote:

>Okay here is the file. Please don't laugh to much everybody has to start
>somewhere. I changed the texture to all white to make sure it wasn't a
>texture thing. The dark spots are still there.

If you change, for example, the translate-Y for the object named
Cube004 to -3.751, the problem goes away.  It seems that POV is
confused by intersecting with two objects (the two cubes) in exactly
the same place, and it allows them to cancel each other out.  The dark
spot you're seeing is the back side of the gravestone, as you can see
if you place a red point light source _inside_ the gravestone.

This is a common problem with differences, but I've never seen it
manifest itself in precisely this way before.