POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Textures and image maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Textures and image maps (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ian Jordan
Subject: Textures and image maps
Date: 22 Mar 1998 16:55:44
Message: <351588DF.8EB84963@eurobell.co.uk>
Hello all

I have just started using Moray for Windows and am very impressed with
it so far.However I am having difficulty with textures and image maps
namely accurately placing them.I seem to recall that in the Dos version
there was a method of selecting the image map and scaling it and
translating it in similar method to to that used with objects.For
istance:accuratly scaling and position an image to use as a label on a
bottle.Is my memory playing tricks on me,or can someone remind me how
this is achieved?

Bye for now,and thanks in advance

Ian.

Post a reply to this message

Hi Ian Jordan, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I have just started using Moray for Windows and am very impressed with
> it so far.However I am having difficulty with textures and image maps
> namely accurately placing them.I seem to recall that in the Dos version
> there was a method of selecting the image map and scaling it and
> translating it in similar method to to that used with objects.
That is still available in this version. You need to select the object
whose texture you want to manipulate, then select its texture by
pressing Alt-T or clicking on Select Texture in the menu.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  CIS   : 100023,2006
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray