POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding
From: Alan Kong
Date: 2 Jan 2000 06:04:06
Message: <mnbu6sk678kblg0bngjbafomn9adnhsg88@4ax.com>
On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 15:26:31 -0600, in message
<386e70f3@news.povray.org>, "omniVERSE" <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>These pictures are making for one heck of a large file size even compressed.
>Should any future posts be uploaded to webspace and not here then? I too
>have a render of this going now and thought I would only do it that way if
>it seemed reasonable to upload at all.  What do you all think?  Bringing
>this up because I can see it being redone many more times if new additions
>are made.

  Bob, you've made a very good point. I don't see a purpose to uploading
these large images unless they are *final* renders of a given image.
They consume way too much server space for something that may need to be
re-rendered at least once every two weeks to remain current with
additions to the Age List.

  I would consider posting a .url where we could take a look for
ourselves. An alternative would be that any person who renders updates
to their own work would 'cancel' the previous image to help conserve
server space for something original. It's all a bit redundant. This
still doesn't address the concerns of people who download everything
from this news server and then disseminate it while offline. They are in
for some unplanned, lengthy online sessions :(