POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000]
From: IMBJR
Date: 9 Mar 2004 16:31:40
Message: <ml9s40pbquu74smg1ka7d7klvqbqhqg1s0@4ax.com>
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:36:27 -0800, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
wrote:

>"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
>> >
>> >heh, thank you for that considered and informative opinion. ;)
>>
>> I think he was referring to the work I put in them. Taking credit for
>> my effort is yet another sign of the stupidity I see in this group.
>
>Okay: point 1 - don't call me stupid.

Re-read. I refered to the group in general as stupid ("stupidity I see
in this group"). If you take that as directed at you personally then
you did so off your own bat.

>point 2 - I WASN'T taking credit, I DID get what he was saying: I was pointing
>out the fact that what he said was something of a non-statement. It would apply
>equally regardless of whether or not the pictures were any good (which is what I
>was attempting to ascertain), so I believe his statement was a joke, wittily
>avoiding answering my question, thus I replied sarcastically thanking him for
>his "answer".

People here are generally not capable of getting that sort of detail
across in their posts. Though I don't blame the group for this. It is
extremely difficult to get such things across. We are mostly all
amateur writers, incapable of expressing ourselves with such
distinction. Usnet is a difficult medium for subtle flavours to be
imparted.

>God honestly, if you want to call people stupid you should make sure you know
>what they're saying.

I did. And that's why this group is in general stupid. Stupidity of
the mass, as it were.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com