POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : library finding request : Re: library finding request Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:08:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: library finding request
From: ABX
Date: 16 Aug 2002 08:47:51
Message: <mksplukff7p7kajrdg6aovhpj3mrtu59ji@4ax.com>
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:34:21 +0200, Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > IIRC GIF format can have written position of image. Is it considered when gif
> > is loaded as image_map?
>
> Gif support has been removed from 3.5, so that's irrelevant!

Are you sure ? Have you readed 6.7.1.5.1 ?

BITMAP_TYPE:
    gif | tga | iff | ppm | pgm | png | jpeg | tiff | sys

> But I believe that only the first picture only was decoded...

I don't mean frame but position on screen.

BTW: there is also my another further patch plan similiar to this mpeg port.
The same feature with sys_anim type of image map where sys_anim means native
animation gate for platform. This could also open gate for avi, divx,
quicktime, real etc.

ABX