POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : rounded cube crash : Re: rounded cube crash Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounded cube crash
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 6 Aug 2000 09:59:40
Message: <mfrqoscp76tu4rk3fqkc3p89edb787hcfg@4ax.com>
Hi ryan constantine, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> the rounded cube is the only one that crashes and i've got them all.
I've never had that plugin crash and I don't think that it that one
that is crashing. I would think that it may be the interaction of this
plugin with other plugins that may be causing this problem.

> can adjust the width, height, breadth, radius (the plugin specific
> things) but if i use the standard transform slots, boom, it freaks out.
> also, i can't adjust the local coords at all.  actually, once i do, it
> seems to hold for half a second, and then the cube physically moves to
> the point i moved the axes to.
Blergh. That sounds weird. I've just played with a rounded cube and
there are absolutely no anomalies. It behaves just like any other
normal object. I used the mouse to translate and rotate the cube and
its local coordinates, I edited them both in the edit boxes, all to no
avail. No problems at all.

If you want to help track this down, I suggest moving all plugins
except the roundedcube one out of your plugins folder to another
temporary folder. Then try playing with a rounded cube and see if it
still freaks out. If not, keep adding plugins, one-by-one, playing
again, until you get the strange behaviour.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray