POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : IMBJR Flood : Re: IMBJR Flood: picnic table analogies Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:33:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IMBJR Flood: picnic table analogies
From: IMBJR
Date: 28 Aug 2000 13:35:22
Message: <me8lqs4e1kvbn0d7163hdtlqstljujd77v@4ax.com>
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:15:17 -0400, "Greg M. Johnson"
<gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>>They do have the right, but as I have stated above, I have not had my
>>collar felt by the hierarchy. So I can assume one of the following:
>
>It's more like the head trustee or elder came out to the kids blaring their stereos
>and storing canned goods on the picnic table and got rebuffed by the kids saying,
>"Aw, I can do what I want."  This is how I paint your interaction with Chris Huff.

Is Chris Huff an elder? If he is then he should speak up and proclaim
it. There's no pointing trying to slap a wrist if you don't have the
pandy-bat. Plus - and I may be wrong on this one, so correct me if I
am - I have yet to see anything that says "Thou Shalt Not Flood the
POV newserver". In fact Ken in povray.off-topic stated:

"Your material was on topic and in no way in violation of this news
servers policies."

>I took very little pause at your flood of postings but didn't think too much of it
>until I saw your attitude, thinking this was just like the usenet.  Plus the REAL

Well, this may not be like real Usenet, but if this is were a foreign
country, then you would be losing valuable tourist-dollars through
displaying of isolationist viewpoints. You would never get new-blood
to come and live and work here.

>usenet posting encouraging people to tear down this group.  Pardon me not liking that
>attitude.

I retracted that statement as being very foolish. However, that did
not stop someone from posting a forgery of myself to
alt.binaries.slack - a fine example of the attitude I found in some of
the replies to my posts. I cerntainly will not be stooping so low and
have been busy tracking that person down.

Symmetry is wrong:
http://www.imbjr.com