POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Headless nude (0/1) : Re: Headless nude (1/1) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Headless nude (1/1)
From: IMBJR
Date: 9 Sep 2002 14:48:48
Message: <m4rpnug0c7p15bbo567purmog1nm2ffccp@4ax.com>
On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 22:22:05 -0500, "Batronyx"
<bat### [at] alliancecablenet> wrote:

>"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 08 Sep 2002 21:22:15 +0200, Fabien Mosen
>> <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:
>>
>> >IMBJR wrote:
>
>[snip]
>> >But I like the hard edges in your picture.  It becomes a graphic
>> >element in itself.
>>
>> I rather like them myself.
>>

>I don't. I find they scream 'bad 3D' and detract from an otherwise impressive
>texture and lighting setup. In fact, it is so impressive I would really like to
>see a version with the normals corrected.

The quotes around bad 3D are so necessary - since it's all very
subjective.

As for correcting the normals, I wouldn't know where to begin any
ideas? It's, remember, a mesh2 generated by OBJuvPOV.

>The composition is oddly interesting as well. Why headless?

The headlessness corresponds to the hand jesture towards the viewer -
as if she is asking 'why' or even 'where'.

http://www.imbjr.com