POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: Roland Mas
Date: 6 Sep 1998 23:02:42
Message: <m3r9xon0gu.fsf@rpc66.acr.atr.co.jp>
par### [at] my-dejanewscom (Ron Parker) writes:

> If you make a Tk interface, please keep in mind that some of us might
> want to use it with Perl/Tk.

  Sorry guy, I think I'll do it in Python. Not because I think it's
better than Perl (I have _never_ written any Python yet, don't charge
me for religion wars), but because I want to try it.

> Also, keep in mind that the new POVLEGAL
> specifically forbids making new interfaces, so you won't be able to
> distribute your changes without the blessing of the POV-Team.

  Er... <URL:http://www.povray.org/docs/pov3002f.htm#ref 40 pri 0>
does not say a word about making interfaces. And my
/usr/local/lib/povray3/povlegal.doc does not either. So for now I
haven't heard of such limitations. Maybe both of these are out of date
(you seem to refer to a new one), but even in this case, there's no
way I'll download a Windows version just for this file. So, could you
please send (or post) the part of this file you're referring to?

  Thanks,

Roland.
--
Les francophones m'appellent Roland Mas,
English speakers call me Rowlannd' Mass,