POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Roland Mas
Date: 13 Apr 1999 13:58:05
Message: <m3btgs4fvw.fsf@clodomir.rezel.enst.fr>
Mikael Carneholm <sa9### [at] idautbhbse> writes:

> This is already pretty close to OO scripting!  (SomeSphere is the
> "class" and it is instanced with object{})

Sure.  Why change that?

> Now, what we can't do with the current version is this:
>
> #declare SomeSphere.position=SomeSphere.position+<0,1,0>;

#declare SomeSphere = object { SomeSphere translate y }
Does exactly it.

> #declare SomeSphere.radius=1.5;

I'm not sure it really cannot be done.

> #declare SomeSphere.pigment=pigment{color rgb<0,0,1>};

#declare SomeSphere = object { SomeSphere pigment{color rgb<0,0,1>} }
Does exactly it.

Anyway, what's the use of all that?  Want to have another sphere,
redeclare it.  Or better, if it's another sphere, use another object.
--
                                                         Roland Mas