POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: Roland Mas
Date: 7 Sep 1998 21:54:36
Message: <m367ezwhhw.fsf@rpc66.acr.atr.co.jp>
par### [at] mailfwicom (Ronald L. Parker) writes:

> Though I think that if you look, you'll find lots of GUI frontends
> already for POV-Ray.  Perhaps even some written in Tcl/Tk.

  Oh, I probably would, sure. Altavista gave me at least this:
<URL:http://www.pjbcn.demon.co.uk/povtcl.htm>. But where's the fun?

  And anyway, I'd like to make a complete interface like the one under
Windows, maybe swallowing an Emacs windows (in order to include the
Greatest Editor Ever). Python exist on many platforms, so do Tk and
Emacs. Even the intersection of these includes at least Windows (3, 4, 5),
Mac, OS/2 and (of course) Unix. Probably more. So...

Roland.
--
Les francophones m'appellent Roland Mas,
English speakers call me Rowlannd' Mass,