POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jul 2008 17:08:28
Message: <lv05741bm0r4ropteu53l2al24o2jc8igm@4ax.com>
On 7 Jul 2008 16:05:33 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>At a technical tradeshow with a bunch of friends who take turns manning
>one of the booths, just came out from having breakfast and was carrying a
>banana with me.  One of my friends - Shaun (bloke from your part of the
>world) - had been making jokes about goldfish and 5 second memories all
>morning.  I walked up to him and asked something, and he responded with
>"5 second goldfish" (which I took to mean he didn't remember the
>answer).  So I asked him "Banana?" and offered him the banana.  He took
>it, peeled it, and ate it.
>
>In retrospect, it probably was funnier if you were there.

Makes sense to me.

>He speaks at this particular tradeshow regularly as well - well known for
>having told one audience he had an experimental pacemaker that was
>sensitive to the RF transmitted by mobile phones.  Got a good laugh at
>the time he said that.
>
>*First* time during the session that someone's phone rang, he yelled out,
>clutched his chest, and dropped to the stage.  People thought he was
>joking, so they laughed - but he *didn't get up* right away.  He waited
>until he started hearing the odd murmur of "gee, maybe he wasn't
>kidding?" - then he got up and everyone had a good laugh over it.  He
>fell so quickly, he nearly fell off the stage....

Ke-wrist, Someone did that to me once but it involved acid and bad trips Ho, ho,
ho!

Strange, as you get older these jokes seem less funny.

I actually heard one about someone pretending to have a heart attack and one
kind soul punched him on the heart in preparation to giving him CPR.

>The guy he was presenting with - a mutual friend from Aaland - said that
>when he dropped, a ton of people in the session *immediately* switched
>their phones off.
>
>He's tried to plan things ahead of time, but it just never seems to
>work.  Only when it's improved does he seem to hit something that works.
>And while it *sounds* like it might've scared people in the audience,
>he's well known in his field for being a bit of a clown.
>
>He also makes an *excellent* chili. :-)

As you say, from my part of the world :)
--

Regards
     Stephen