POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bird2 : Re: Bird2 Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bird2
From: Peter Popov
Date: 28 Jul 2002 03:26:59
Message: <ls67kusau7389kq3veajt82k6f6limvj0m@4ax.com>
On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:13:32 +0100, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

>Where to now...

Great picture, Mick! Again and again...

I have nothing to criticize. I do have a general suggestion, though -
could you try to increase dramatism? Same setup, different lighting.

Give the clouds a more dramatic look - increase their contrast, add
more light in places (as if lit by the storm and/or the sun behind the
mountains). Drown the distant mountains in deeper shadow. Give the
bird its moment of fame - a mild spotlight would do it.

It might spoil your initial idea completely, because that's how I
would make the picture if I could - and I can't - and it's your
picture and your artistic vision that counts.

I will try to illustrate what I mean later, and will try not to
bastardize your art too much.

Once again, great picture!

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg