POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : non hollow flat disc : Re: non hollow flat disc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non hollow flat disc
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Jan 2002 02:40:06
Message: <lopv3u0tdf1jlmlsh8eedk7iv6ljma8i8n@4ax.com>

<abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:

>then renderer work the same but parser says warning:
>"Camera is inside a non-hollow object."

IIRC discs, like height fields, are infinitely thin, but nevertheless
the engine considers one side of them to be the 'inside'. And of
course as they don't have an outside... Basically everything below a
height field and everything in the cylinder defined by the disc normal
and radii is considered inside.

You can see if I'm babbling by trying interior_texture on your disc
with +z and -z as normals and see if it changes.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg