POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Free Victoria 4 at DAZ : Re: Free Victoria 4 at DAZ Server Time
3 May 2024 03:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free Victoria 4 at DAZ
From: Stephen
Date: 17 May 2007 13:06:22
Message: <lo2p43hn873jo5uk4n7ri77mqt4hm06iic@4ax.com>
On Wed, 16 May 2007 19:30:43 EDT, "operaguy" <joh### [at] jrdonohuecom> wrote:

>Hi, just chiming in here....
>
>I have tried several times to get PAE to work and even interacted with Masa,
>but could not get it going.
>
>Can you say if it still only functions with Poser4? I have my old copy of
>Poser4 somewhere....
>
>But if it would work with Poser 7 on XP....wow that would be worth the
>effort to try to get it going.
>
>An alternative is the "jiggles" python script from Ockham at Renderosity.
>
>::::: Opera :::::

Hi John, I think you could hack the Poser made bvh files, with a text editor, to
make it work. I had a quick look at them last month when I was using Poser 6.
There were a couple of additional joints exported into the BVH file; JOINT
CenterOfMass JOINT GoalCenterOfMass, faceRoomActor and faceRoomTexActor.
PAE previously gave the error; "Not a human figure" or something like that.
I posted an experiment in p.b.a called "Spinkick Revisited - sk_13c003.mpg" made
using PAE, Poser 6 and WinXP but with bvh files created previously.

After a couple of quick edits I did not get it to work. It might be an idea to
keep Poser 4 to create the BVH files for PAE.

Regards
	Stephen