POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tripods Again (81kb) : Re: Tripods Again (81kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tripods Again (81kb)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Apr 2000 18:07:24
Message: <lks9fsktnkr2f4aan1g29b0ndod1r1lc1e@4ax.com>
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:43:36 -0800, "Lt. Kettch" <AKK### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>Hey, wouldn't a heat ray just melt something. I mean, metal does not just blow
>up from heat. Gas does, but not metal or concrete. So shouldn't the building
>be, melting?

Depends on the amount of heat involved. If enough heat is transferred
to the building with sufficient speed, the whole of it will start
burning at once, and the gases released in the process will expand
rapidly, thus an explosion will take place. Like in Stephen Kings'
"Firebringer"

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet