POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption : Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:00:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Jan 2004 17:52:03
Message: <ld9be1-q2n.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:
> [...]
>
> If you think that I should re-implement PRTRenderer's functionality
> using plain C and use PRTImageData and PRTTileHeap for their
> purposes, I will very likely consider doing that.

PRTImageData and PRTTileHeap are both completely undocumented and they
do some really strange things - using 16 bit values for the image for
example is understandable for memory size reasons but this makes it
essentially incompatible to other patches (HDR output, post processing).

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______