POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows : Re: Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows
From: Glen Berry
Date: 28 Apr 2000 01:33:45
Message: <lCAJOW+IGdrRa9amL=al=4czrDGP@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:29:37 +0200, Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>In addition to all the post-process requests that have been made in the
>past few days, there is one that is particularly important to me, which
>is the ability to manipulate separately the highlights/midtone/shadows
>proportions (?) of the image. (if this was already mentioned under
>another name in one of Glen Berry's message, forget about it).

Okay, I took the example you posted in the images group and recreated
it myself. I posted my version in povray.binaries.images for you to
inspect along with the basic formula I used to achieve the effect.
In the case of this particular image, all that was needed was a
certain type of contrast increase. This effect was particularly easy
to replicate. If you want to send other examples, I will attempt to
replicate them as well.

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )