POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bamboo Hut (~64k) : Re: Bamboo Hut (~64k) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bamboo Hut (~64k)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Feb 2000 16:33:06
Message: <l3i7OJqxKEjs7iiPxLFSK3jh0VtE@4ax.com>
On 28 Feb 2000 22:49:59 -0500, try### [at] rochesterrrcom (Ryan
Twitchell) wrote:

> This is a scene I'm working on to get used to global media and more
>difficult lighting conditions. I also just learned you can make almost any
>POV texture value negative, and I got some freaky results at first. In this
>scene, the ambient value of the bamboo poles is a subtle -0.08. The
>scattering will probably be changed back to type 1, the light rays seem more
>visible.
>
> Any opinions are very welcome,
>Ryan

Making an object'c color (or ambient) negative is a good way to show
it through thick emitting and/or scattering media.

Use a scattering type 2 or 3. To make it more visible, lower
extinction. The docs say it's unrealistic but I don't think so;
fine-tuning the extinctino value can work very well for realism and it
should not necessarily be limited to the [0..1] range (though in this
case the lower the better).

The bamboo poles are too identical. Maybe randomize them a bit in
terms of thickness and segment length/position.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700