POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UV-Mapping and gif images : UV-Mapping and gif images Server Time
17 Jun 2024 01:08:29 EDT (-0400)
  UV-Mapping and gif images
From: Bernd Klenk
Date: 18 Dec 2003 04:30:02
Message: <l0t2uvgtd0du4f8ttch222vnccvahrdtp0@4ax.com>
Hi.

Last night I had the first chance to familiarize myself with
UV-Mapping and related stuff.
(Thanks to low workload at christmas time ;-)

First I tried a bottle with a jpg label on it and it worked fine, then
I used a gif, because I wanted to set a transmit value to a certain
color, but moray refused to show the image in its UV view. I tried
this with different gif settings (standard, no transparency ...) but
none worked.
Only jpg and bmp are shown in the UV view.

Most of the time the gif was rendered, but editing is quite difficult.

Is it just me?
Or are there some unresolved issues with gif?

--
Bernd