POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mezquita : Re: Mezquita Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mezquita
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Oct 1999 19:29:38
Message: <kx4BOKOF5bpr7KwRTsS39d5CqT4s@4ax.com>
On Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:52:19 +0200, "Sander" <san### [at] the-internet>
wrote:

>This is the first result of a 5-year-project ;o)

>*all* of the mosque - is going to I should rather say. So what you see here
>is just a small part. I know there is a lot to do yet: lighting is all
>wrong, floor should have structure (tiles, different textures), the arches
>are too flat, there is no ceiling, no roof, the walls are flat, no windows,
>the cathedral has only some columns... The mosque columns are the only thing
>I have worked on quite a bit. They all have a different part of the same
>texture (thank you Peter!).
>In my view it already looks a bit like the real thing, for that reason I
>post it. I am very interested in any kind of criticism. And don't say I'd
>better post a real photograph: I'm just having plenty of fun trying to get
>it look real.
>Sander
>
>=========================
>"a rose is a rose is a rose"

So that's the mysterious project that bugged you so long? I am glad to
see it has turned out amazingly well. Congratulations! I am not going
to pick on lighting etc. because I realise this is a work in progress.

From what I know, the Spanish culture has many Arabic motives
interwoven. Is this the case with the Mezquita? I suggest you take a
look at www.islamicart.com when you have more time, just in case.
Also, are there any arabeskes on the floor/domes/columns? If so, I
suggest you check out Arabeske (www.wozzeck.net/arabeske/).

I am looking forward to seeing more of this. Just one more question --
<OT> how do you think Concierto de Aranjuez will sound if performed
there? </OT> <grin>

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700