POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: IsoCSG include file 0.2.1 : Re: Announce: IsoCSG include file 0.2.1 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: IsoCSG include file 0.2.1
Date: 13 Mar 2002 12:02:27
Message: <kuuu8us2iruhj6454g91o8h4abavr3kjsl@4ax.com>
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:11:11 +0100, Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
wrote:
> But i want to keep it as simple as possible, doubling the number of macros
> and having several additional helpers macros would not exactly simplify
> things.

You can stay as is with your iso_csg.inc include file and not change anything
in your set of macros neither documentation. In fact I did everything for you.
Take a look what was changed (after moment in povray.binaries.scene-files - be
carefull - not tested). If user want simple version then he use your script as
"iso_csg.inc" if he want automatic container then he add b in letter of
include file, macro names, and addional IC_Extents call. I think it is simple
enough.

> Also the CSG macros (difference, etc.) right now can take any
> other function too.
> The 'B' version would be more restrictive.

Not, you still can use any other function, just add additional parametr as
container of this function.

> And infinite shapes (only 'plane' right now) would lead to nonsense results.

Sure, but author can aware about it in documentation ... ;-)

ABX