POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1) : Re: luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1) - Cube_Radiosity_Modif.jpg (1/1) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: luminosity problem - Cube_Radiosity_Final.jpg (1/1) - Cube_Radiosity_Modif.jpg (1/1)
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 12 Jan 2014 03:47:08
Message: <kurtzlepirate-872E10.09470612012014@news.povray.org>
hi,

it seems that the problem comes from the plane that block the light.

with the comment of 'Cousin Ricky', i'm testing changing some values
in /Radiosity_Final/ settings :
 * count 800 -> 50 //  just for speed in tests
 * error_bound 0.20 ->  0.05
 * recursion_limit 1 -> 2
 * brightness 1.0 -> 0.80

these parameters gives this new image which is much better.
i will continue my tests by adjusting other param/values.

about image itself, just an idea like that, i have not thought of
Mondrian. this image as hand-placed boxes, but, I had already made an
algorithm for generating Mondrian pictures.

you can see it on my page <http://louisbel.free.fr/scenes/scene021.shtml>
(in french)

thanks a lot for your help.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cube_radiosity_modif.jpg' (44 KB)

Preview of image 'cube_radiosity_modif.jpg'
cube_radiosity_modif.jpg