POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : re-creation : Re: re-creation Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re-creation
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 28 Oct 2005 12:49:02
Message: <kurtzlepirate-62E3A0.18490228102005@news.povray.org>
In article <web.43613a15c57fc1e71fa4210@news.povray.org>,
 "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

::Anton Sherwood <bro### [at] poboxcom> wrote:
::> I've just moved my files from Linux to Mac.  Is there an easy way to
::> give all my .pov files the right creator code?
::>
::
::On my older Mac system (PowerMac with an older OS), I've been using a nice
::little free program for years, called CREATOR CHANGER, to change creator
::types. The current website is
::
::http://alphaomega.software.free.fr/typeandcreatorchanger/Type%20And%20Creator%
::20Changer.html
::
::and the current version is called TYPE AND CREATOR CHANGER 3.2

or you make this little applescript :

on open (FileList)
  repeat with i from 1 to number of items in the FileList
    tell application "Finder"
      set thisFile to item i of FileList
      set (creator type of file thisFile) to "XXXX"
    end tell
  end repeat
end open

XXXX is NPOV for MegaPov and POV3 for POV-Ray. Let " arond XXXX.
this script can change the creator for all fileS dragged on it.
other thing. you can add this line :
    set (file type of file thisFile) to "TEXT"

to change the fileS type in one shot.

hope that help !
klp