POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MegaPOV : Re: MegaPOV Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:09:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV
From: Mike Williams
Date: 10 Sep 2001 19:21:47
Message: <kmwi0FAapUn7EwLY@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Bryan Valencia who wrote:
>Nah, I was just hesitant to install it with Mega finally running so well.
>I got over it, and found that it installs in a completely new directory.
>Now I can't get it to do my isosurfaces right.
>

>Here is the code...
>

>#declare F=function{pigment{
>  bumps
>  turbulence .41
>  color_map { [0 rgb 1] [1 rgb 0] }
>  scale 0.1
>  }
>}
>
>isosurface {
>        function { x*x + y*y +z*z -1 + F(x,y,z)}  <-- right before the last
>"}" it says it needs a "." if I put one there it needs a "color or vector
>member".
>        method 2
>        max_gradient 3.2
>        accuracy 0.0001
>        contained_by{sphere{0,1}}
>        pigment {rgb .9}
>        scale 5e4
>        translate <0,0,1e5>
>}

3.5b1 is not MegaPOV. The isosurface syntax is significantly different.
If you were to fix the "color or vector number" problem you'd still fall
foul of the fact that 3.5 doesn't have a "method" keyword. You may need
to learn how to write isosurfaces all over again.

As it happens, my isosurface tutorial page has just been updated to
include 3.5b1 and might help you to learn the new syntax.
<http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm>

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure