POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Making holes in walls... : Re: Making holes in walls... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making holes in walls...
From: Ingo Guenther
Date: 3 Mar 1970 02:32:18
Message: <kkqufgcbspqwenismafk.pminews@news.povray.org>
Hello!

>: It also helps to take the time to read the documentation <g>.
>:
>Ho! Where is that exactley in docs? I've been translating the manuals to
>Croatian, and didn't found any examples of it...

I suppose he was speaking about the _PoV_ documentation. There you can find
anything about CSGs - I hope noone expects the Moray DOCs to include the
entire PoV DOC stuff.

>And, the question I keep asking.... How can I change the axis of rotation of
>an object...

Put it into a group (maybe with including a little dummy object - f.e. placed
inside the real one - to avoid PoV warnings) rotate and translate it until
the wished rotation axis of the object lies on the z-axis of the group -
done!
Now you can rotate the group which is equivalent to rotating the basic object
around the desired axis of rotation. You may 'ungroup in place' it later, if
you don't need to modify it again.

Bye,
   Ingo.