POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG : Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG
From: Alan Kong
Date: 9 Jan 2000 15:45:18
Message: <kdsh7sstdbq6qsu3m9osfgtebi5ej0cd46@4ax.com>
On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 17:07:49 +0100, in message
<387760d9@news.povray.org>, "Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote:

>Nice little picture, but it's not a cross-eyed stereo, but a parallel-eyed
>stereo (IYKWIM).
>I used to make them for smaller images; as soon as they are larger than
>let's say 8 or 9 cm, a cross-eyed is better. A bit of a strain on the eyes,
>though...

  I want to make a higher resolution stereogram. I couldn't find a
suitable tutorial on the 'net, though. All the ones found were concerned
with using third party software. I was hoping to find something
POV-Ray-related about the ideal resolution to render at and how to
adjust the camera position for optimum (and realistic) 3d separation.