POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Installer niggle : Installer niggle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Installer niggle
From: Alex
Date: 16 May 2002 23:29:31
Message: <kAiSDaIGYH58Ew1P@lazysod.org.uk>
Running win98 (not SE).

I don't always like to install things in the default locations. I wish
to install Povray beta's to E:\pov35b. When the installer asks me for a
location, I select drive E: from the box, then click in the pov35b
directory, but the installer seems to insist on adding the sub-directory
"POV-Ray for Windows v3.5" to the destination directory (to give
E:\pov35b\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5"), which I then have to delete
manually.
I've got nothing against it defaulting to install in "C:\Program
Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5", but I'd like it to install into the
directory that I pick. Anyone not paying attention could easily find
Povray installed to a subdirectory thereof.

I can't see that it should behave in such a fashion, I've never seen it
elsewhere.
--
Alex