POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray for Tile Generation : Re: POV-Ray for Tile Generation Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Tile Generation
From: Glen Berry
Date: 23 Jun 2003 16:08:07
Message: <k1nefvcen0fp0j3o84cbd9gncccquhnlmp@4ax.com>
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:04:27 +0200, "JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote:

>Good idea. Would you be able to make it a GIMP plugin ?
>That would be great !

I wouldn't be able to, because I don't know how to write GIMP plugins.
Assuming that GIMP can crop and rotate with the same precision that
POV can, and I think it probably can, it should be possible to write
an equivalent GIMP plugin.

What I'd really like is to have a GUI interface, where you move a
cursor representing the image slice over your original image while
watching a preview of the output generated in real time. That would
probably require some C/C++ programming for best results, and it's
beyond my abilities at the moment.

later,
Glen Berry