POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth simulation : Re: Cloth simulation Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth simulation
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 May 2000 18:23:37
Message: <jv0miscsrehvk1k2p1cir13412cbv8ctdu@4ax.com>
On Tue, 23 May 2000 21:44:16 +0300, "Sebastian Strand"
<the### [at] bigfootcom> wrote:

>"Equiprawn" <equ### [at] tinetie> wrote in news:392acfbc@news.povray.org...
>> What introduced the randomness in the way the cloth hangs?
>
>I have to admit that I'm not sure, but it might be that the cloth isn't
>perfectly cenetered on the box.

Well, Hugo suggests that some randomness is introduced in the
tangential forces of threads and in thread density as well. If you
followed his algorithms closely enough this should account for the
randomness. Cloth simulation is a chaotic problem so even the
slightest change somewhere can change output dramatically.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet