POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Irradiance gradient & radiosity : Re: Irradiance gradient & radiosity Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irradiance gradient & radiosity
From: ABX
Date: 18 Mar 2003 04:43:03
Message: <jtod7vknq5s9psaf4elj4p2nkc3t4vv1fu@4ax.com>
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:10:30 +0100, "T.J.Viking" <vik### [at] bp-domarpl> wrote:
> > Exactly!!! You starting to understand complexity of povray development :-)
>
> I am not starting to understand.. I understanded it for 13 years of programming...
gosh I am so old :) sic!

Can you refer released patches to povray source code? Other contributions to its
development?

> > I tried to make light version of complaining you directed to Community and you
> > quickly proved that you are affected with the same problems every coder has:
> > real life, testing, documenting and making patching stable - they are all part
> > of fixing.
>
> OK, stop this flame war :)

That's not a war. That's about guidelines of contributing, thought I do not
represent anybody in my opinions but I feel part of community.

> I wasn't complaining, my intention was to know if people need any changes...

Can you refer in what post you asked if somebody need your fixes ? I remember:
"Your problems are not my problems, I can live with it how POV is working."

> If their are happy with current "radiosity"... OK let them live, if they are
> sad because their renders render 72 hours or 54 days... let's help them...

Did you decided to release patch before hearing our arguments?

> And what can I say... I haven't seen any enthusiasm there...

Do you work only when enthusiasm is showed??? Do you have internal opinion that
you think correct way? Then patch it and release. Simple.

Moreover hard to expect much enthusiasm if I can count no more 5 person who
understand radiosity source code. Artists will appreciate your work _after_
releasing working, well documented patch.

ABX