POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : very simple RSOCP (461kb) : Re: very simple RSOCP (461kb) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: very simple RSOCP (461kb)
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jan 2008 05:33:50
Message: <jnbuo3h2pgnaj43o08c4tncar5nqkvnm83@4ax.com>
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:49:16 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
>>>
>> I like the composition and the juxtaposition (sorry) of the sharp
>> heightfield
>> and washed out sphere and draughtsboard. I find this image somewhat
>> disturbing
>> for some reason that I can't put my finger on.
>>

>What you may find disturbing is the height_field, or rather the landscape it
>represents. Together with its reflection, there is a feeling of instability,
>either of the cliffs, or the viewer. Personally, I feel a bit desoriented
>when looking at the image.
>
>Thomas

Yes there is that although I'll confess to seeing a similar heightfield of
bluetree's before. The difference of perspective is something that I've tried
for myself to very limited success.
I think that the sharpness of the heightfield compared to the softness of the
rest of the scene draws my eye away from the subject (the sphere). It also
reminds me of Rune's "No More Chrome Spheres Please" as if his sphere has gone
on an adventure.
As an aside, I'm going to get the prescription for my glasses checked today :)

Regards
	Stephen