POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Find the Easter Egg : Re: Find the Easter Egg Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Find the Easter Egg
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jan 2008 17:10:44
Message: <jhnkp3difti3nnerd375e3fdr11oe4m1d2@4ax.com>
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:10:20 EST, "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet>
wrote:

>"bluetree" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>> Tell me everything I have to improve (as I know, that this scene doesn't look
>> very *real*).
>
>Realism is over rated and content is more or less everything
>IMO
>
>aQ

And visual effect.
I like pointillism and that's not photo- realistic.

Bluetree:
As Jan said your modelling is good.
I don't like the shadow of the table so I would be tempted to try either making
the candle lights, no_shaddow  or use Light Fading or a mixture of both. It is a
cheat, I know, but we can try to render what we want to see.
The rugs could use some more normals in their texture as could the floor.
A bit of reflection on the plant pots. You can use a different texture for the
inside by putting one texture on the difference group and one on the subtracting
object.
The carpet at the back and the cushions are too dark in my view try upping the
ambient until you get the lighting sorted out.

Seriously I wish my first interior had been as good. I like the placement of
objects in the room and the colour of the walls make a nice mood. There is a
story there.

Drat! I just read what nemesis said about the cat face. Ignore what I said about
the candle light. Did you mean that?

Regards
	Stephen