POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Unintended consequence of "fixing" a physics timestep : Re: The Unintended consequence of "fixing" a physics timestep Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Unintended consequence of "fixing" a physics timestep
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Apr 2008 17:03:49
Message: <jhh704lqnj5e4lq2src44o2knkkhkjua1g@4ax.com>
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:35:24 EDT, "Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

>"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Isn't that more of a positive* feedback loop, where a perturbation reinforces
>> itself?
>
>Possibly; in the contexts I've seen it used, a negative effect reinforcing
>itself has been referred to as a negative feedback loop.  However, calling it a
>positive feedback loop is, unintuitively enough, logical.

It is easy if you think of the changes. A positive feedback adds to
the change and that is good for a detector. Negative feedback
subtracts from the change which is good for an amplifier. You have
heard socio-babble :)
--

Regards
     Stephen