POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lathe shapes : Re: Lathe shapes Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lathe shapes
From: Jerry
Date: 24 May 2000 10:54:19
Message: <jerry-B1298E.07541824052000@news.povray.org>
In article <392b434d$1@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

>Looks useful.
>Sections of lathe objects seen here, which I guess you expected people
>to realize.
>Trying to think what use beyond car wheels but I'm sure there could be
>many other things.

I just picked up a book on the history of toys this weekend. Turned out
to be just the history of toys in Germany, but still pretty interesting.
Anyway, lots of animals, men, and other figures were made with lathes
like those Tor posted. They lathed the wood so that, when it was chopped
into 1 to 2 inch sections, each section had the shape of a man, horse,
or whatever.

Jerry