POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mad scrolling: Mega side effect, virus, or ghost? : Re: Mad scrolling: Mega side effect, virus, or ghost? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mad scrolling: Mega side effect, virus, or ghost?
From: Jerry
Date: 12 Jul 2000 11:27:55
Message: <jerry-8A626F.08275512072000@news.povray.org>
In article <396C7564.11C913A6@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:
>I'm often noticing that when I scroll, the scrolling goes about 100X
>faster and further  than I want,

This is one of the lesser-known features of MegaPOV. In order to speed
up rendering, it installs a Pentium 12000 on your computer. (I'm hoping
they port this to Mac soon, I could use a faster G4.) As far as going
too far, you just have to be quicker on the finger, as the operating
system isn't designed around such a fast processor. Personally, I think
it's a small price to pay.

> and the little arrows on the side get
>about 10x bigger.

Dude, this sounds like a bug.