POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Colosium text question : Re: Colosium text question Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colosium text question
From: Jerry
Date: 9 Jun 2000 11:15:41
Message: <jerry-7F5C17.08154109062000@news.povray.org>
In article <39401a99@news.povray.org>, "kane"
<ann### [at] mindspringcom> wrote:

>Hi all,
>  I'm having difficulties figuring this one out. I'm trying to
>  difference out some text from a stone block, and as you can see by
>  the included picture, a portion of the first letter is missing.
>  I'vee tried to adjust the position of the word, the block etc. and
>  it still does this. Any ideas?

I've noticed that, starting with POV 3.1, POV is much pickier about
fonts in differences. You don't mention what font you're using, but you
might try one of the ones that come with POV (unless you *are*, in which
case this diagnosis is wrong).

I've noticed the trouble most with Bahamas, which unfortunately is the
font I'd long since chosen as my 'signature' font (that is, it is the
font that I use most for letterhead, web images, and so forth).

As I recall, Courier also has minor problems, but I could be remembering
that one wrong.

The problem only occurs with differences, as near as I have been able to
determine, and I have not been able to find a solution.

Have you tried making it as a union instead of a difference, just to see
what that would look like?

Jerry