POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Old Raytracing Programs : Re: Old Raytracing Programs Server Time
9 Jun 2024 07:47:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Raytracing Programs
From: Jerry
Date: 23 Oct 2000 14:21:32
Message: <jerry-66320E.11213023102000@news.povray.org>
In article <B61631E4.3F40%sym### [at] utanetfi>, sympaali
<sym### [at] utanetfi> wrote:
>I think that the best solution would be to simply make the code with
>simpletext or simiral program, because rendering is pain on so old
>machine.
>Or is it possible to render images on b/w machines?

I have rendered with, I think, POV 2.x on a PB 170/4MB RAM, which was
black and white. The image doesn't look nice on the monitor, but it
looks fine when transferred elsewhere. It was a pain in the *ss but less
so than using my parent's 486 with 4 MB of RAM.

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've