POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clothray cloth simulation patch.. : Re: Clothray cloth simulation patch.. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clothray cloth simulation patch..
From: Jerry
Date: 21 Feb 2001 11:04:12
Message: <jerry-5874C7.08040221022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A92255A.8DF771CE@nanterre.marelli.fr>, Christophe
Bouffartigue <Chr### [at] nanterremarellifr> wrote:
>Another issue is that my patch is an extremely specialized patch, and I
>don't think that this kind of thing has to be implemented in POV. Always
>the same thing: POV is a renderer, not a modeller.

As someone who types everything and can't draw, I disagree with this.
For me, POV *is* a modeler, and anything POV can do to help me model is
good. This cloth patch looks awesome to me, based on the results it is
producing.

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've