POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hammership (~28k) : Re: Hammership (~28k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hammership (~28k)
From: Jerry
Date: 7 Aug 2000 11:17:33
Message: <jerry-560D8A.08173207082000@news.povray.org>
In article <398b898c@news.povray.org>, "Hawke"
<her### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Actually, I read a book that had people flying around in space aboard boats
>that look like
>fish and insects.  One of them looked like a
>hammerhead shark, and from the information

Might have been "Spelljammer", or based on it, a game supplement for
Dungeons and Dragons. Definitely had some cool looking "space ships".
(The premise was fantasy worlds with wooden ships using magic to make
these ships spaceworthy. Ships clearly had "sea" in their history but
were modified for space travel by making them look like all sorts of
fish or flying insects.)

Jerry