POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Dumb idea (?): Trees : Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees
From: Jerry
Date: 28 Jun 1999 15:19:56
Message: <jerry-2806991219570001@cerebus.acusd.edu>
In article <3776DBE4.5A7D7C7E@eisa.net.au>, Nigel Stewart
<nig### [at] eisanetau> wrote:

>An interesting idea, and possible to implement of course!
>
>But what are the advantages and disadvantages of implementing
>L-parsing as a macro

I just converted an old IFS-fractal type program I wrote *many* years ago
(for OS-9, on a Tandy Color Computer, if anyone remembers) into a macro on
POV. I'll try and post the macro later on. (It is on my home computer, not
my office computer.)

It implements both 'building' the fractal, and 'fading in' to the fractal
(Bernhard's method, or something?)

Makes some pretty cool shapes (especially when used with blobs) but it is
nowhere near making real trees yet.

Jerry