POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray source tutorials? : Re: POV-Ray source tutorials? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray source tutorials?
From: Jerry
Date: 23 Jun 1999 17:12:32
Message: <jerry-2306991412310001@cerebus.acusd.edu>
In <377### [at] compuservecom>, Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom> wrote:
>use it.). But what I really need is an explanation of the program source
>code, not the scene description language.(There seem to be many
>commented forms in the source to describe the various functions, but
>most of them are empty!)

I'd recommend going to Ron Parker's web page at
http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/traces.html and download his "object bounds"
patch. It is one of the simplest patches I've seen (and also the most
useful for my work); once you've figured out how to install that, you
should have an idea of how to make another simple source patch.

Jerry