POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : interpolate_mesh2 revision one : Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one
From: ABX
Date: 12 May 2003 03:06:48
Message: <j7hubvghvkrr4g3g1co30pq07ed4ecik50@4ax.com>
On Sun, 11 May 2003 17:37:10 +0200, "Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:
> It would be better to convince the POV-Team to try a new command in POV -
> just in my humble opinion!

I'm not a POV-Team member but have you noticed that even if POV-Team would
decide to follow your suggestion, you will not receive new feature within two or
more years ? At least I do not expect POV-Ray 4.0 earlier.

> I've discussed it briefly with the C++ people in
> charge in the last 3 days but without luck.

With luck. I decided to look into sources what can be done for you purposes but
this still does not mean that you will receive any patch earlier than within
month. I still do not think your idea is good. I would rather look into more
general solution which also solves your case. Perhaps access of internal mesh
data would be better...

> I consider this as a general limitation with POV, as it
> can never read files from other software.

This is a philosophy question, probably. Is POV created to compensate laziness
of users of using external converters (including handmade scripts)? Is only
small group responsible of extending POV capabilities ? POV-Ray is a free
application made in free time. Do not expect from it to be everything.

ABX