POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Shadowless spotlights, : Re: Shadowless spotlights, Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadowless spotlights,
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Jul 2000 12:51:08
Message: <j77mnscactaavltmmcsg96rc48c0knhevs@4ax.com>
On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 14:28:45 +0200, Fabien Mosen
<fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:

>"H. E. Day" wrote:
>>
>> and why don't they work?  Tried this with both Mega and Offical versions.
>
>I don't know if this is what you meant, but I noticed (some time ago)
>that, once you use shadowless, a spotlight is equal to a pointlight.
>It seems that the "limiting cone" is in fact a shadowing effect,
>and thus dissapear with shadowless...

Shadowless lights were initially implemented as fill lights long
before radiosity provided a better solution. As such, they don't
create highlights, don't drop shadows and I think they are not
restricted by the spotlight light cone.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet