POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Transparent variations on a cloth theme MPG1 : Re: Transparent variations on a cloth theme MPG1 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent variations on a cloth theme MPG1
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Jan 2002 18:26:11
Message: <j2q35uo625usq71t7ids51rkkc4816vlj1@4ax.com>
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:21:46 +0100, "Chaps" <cha### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>I've been driven to a site where there are some studies about cloth
>stability with large step calculus, but I did not succeed to get something
>out of this stuff yet.( http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~baraff/papers/).

Regarding cloths, you can find more of David Baraff & Andrew Wittkin's
papers and course notes online. They are the guys that are behind
Pixar's cloth simulation engine. Xavier Provot is also a
well-recognized name in the field. I believe Demetri Terzopolous has
recently been focusing on cloths rather than solids and he has some
interesting ideas like using dynamic NURBS (D-NURBS), or neural
networks, or state-space theory to simulate elastic dynamics.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg