POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dancing Dragon Image Map test : Re: Dancing Dragon Image Map test Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dancing Dragon Image Map test
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Jan 2001 16:33:20
Message: <it9t5t4bu6f2pfqn2ak6prh9otcts83sof@4ax.com>
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:17:33 -0500, Colin Scott McDonald
<sco### [at] metrolinkcom> wrote:

>Playing with alpha channel TGA files as image maps, I'm quite happy with
>the effect, gonna paint some more and work on some real world looking
>models to put 'em in.

POV doesn't do mipmapping so you're probably gonna want to either use
higher recursive AA (method 2) or use a mipmapped version of your
image map, probably averaged with the original. You're likely to
improve quality this way.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg