POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Rules violations? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:06:18 EDT (-0400)
  Rules violations? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: gonzo
Subject: Rules violations?
Date: 9 Sep 2004 17:15:00
Message: <web.4140c7366792624ba0c272b50@news.povray.org>
A couple of images in this round have comments in the textfiles indicating
techniques that I'm not sure are violations or not.

"desertca.jpg" has lens flare added, but doesn't say how.  Does anyone know
if Vue De Espirit has a built in lens flare tool, or would that have to be
post processed?

"irtc4.jpg" states that it had color correction done in photoshop. The image
looks like the color was filtered through an amber filter. While I know the
rules permit certain corrections, to me that goes beyond the corrections
that would be "normal" such as contrast, brightness or gamma, since it
would alter the image produced by the renderer. What does everyone else
think?

RG

Post a reply to this message

> A couple of images in this round have comments in the textfiles indicating
> techniques that I'm not sure are violations or not.
>
> "desertca.jpg" has lens flare added, but doesn't say how.  Does anyone know
> if Vue De Espirit has a built in lens flare tool, or would that have to be
> post processed?
>
> "irtc4.jpg" states that it had color correction done in photoshop. The image
> looks like the color was filtered through an amber filter. While I know the
> rules permit certain corrections, to me that goes beyond the corrections
> that would be "normal" such as contrast, brightness or gamma, since it
> would alter the image produced by the renderer. What does everyone else
> think?
>
> RG

Oh man, we went through this a while ago on the e-mail discussions.  I do
think color correction SHOULD be used, as well as other techniques as that
is how it is done professionaly.  The problem is, as you know yourself,
people refuse to read rules.  And each time you try to give the general
population more artistic freedom, it just comes back at us with more people
using it in a way exploited.

Post a reply to this message