POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Asynchronous Memory Server Time
17 May 2024 03:35:00 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...Asynchronous Memory (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Renderdog
Subject: Old Technology...Asynchronous Memory
Date: 9 Apr 2003 12:00:15
Message: <web.3e94424cec3f931a7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
This image evoked the strongest emotional reaction from me this round, with
a wonderful concept, communicated well by the excellent pose of the main
character.

I like the lighting, with the sun shining in our face, and the distant city
looks great. One comment complained about the shadows not being parallel,
but perspective can do that. For instance, you often see rays of sunlight
coming down through clouds at (apparently) different angles.

The textures are a bit flat, maybe because we're looking at the shadowed
side of the objects. The flat ground, combined with well-lit individual
blades of grass in the shadows, looks a bit artificial. The reflective
nature of the buggy's body looks odd as well, making it difficult to
understand its shape, though it is realistic. The full buggy is well
modeled.

I notice a lot of people place their name and a copyright notice in their
images. Not to pick on this image, but I'd prefer more subtle colors, as
they detract from the image. Also, while it offers some additional legal
protection, a copyright notice is not required to protect a work.

Post a reply to this message