POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Radio Graves Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:56:01 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...Radio Graves (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves
Date: 27 Mar 2003 11:58:52
Message: <3E832DF8.79B355D0@gmx.de>
Slashdolt wrote:

> I think I understand what you are saying.  For future reference, how would
> you recommend correcting that?  Should I make the sun brighter by saying
> something like "rgb <3,3,3>"?
>
> Also, I set radiosity's "brightness" to 0.3, which may have made everything
> appear darker.

It does not make sense to give precise values for any of these aspects -
it's all a matter of relations between different values.  There have been
various methods posted in these newgroups for realistic lighting setup in
the past.

Concerning radiosity - everything except 'brightness 1.0' is not realistic
but this does not mean that it isn't useful to use different values under
certain circumstances.  You just should know what you are doing.

Christoph