POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC thought on voting/rating Server Time
16 Jun 2021 10:59:25 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC thought on voting/rating (Message 9 to 18 of 18)  
<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: St 
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 06:28:03
Message: <4889aab3$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message 
news:c89j84djhk53c37hu22ftse8r63sgklc48@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:50:30 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>>Anyway, I've now addressed this and now ALL members can vote
>>whether or not they have entered or will never enter. The rules have been
>>amended to reflect this, and additionally, I've also added that any member
>>can enter as many times as they want as long as it's a 'different' take on
>>the subject. This of course also applies to animations.
>
> Now we are a club where all the members have voting rights. I like this 
> idea. As
> long as it is not abused it should work very well. In the IRTC I often 
> wished
> that I could vote and comment but since I seldom entered I could not. Nice 
> one
> Steve.

      Yes, let's see how it goes for this one. I think it should be ok, and 
I've put the 20/20/20 idea on hold too, but, if I see silly scoring like 
1/1/1, it might be resurrected again, or the perpetrator gets banned. I 
personally don't want to ban anyone - that just isn't me, but it would be 
nice to have some honesty. Sure, if an image is really bad, then mark 
accordingly, but most images aren't like that, they are fairly good in their 
own unique way, so the voting (and commenting) should reflect that for that 
particular image.


> BTW in the stills challenge Ian MacKay's image is not shown.

     Ah, thanks for pointing that out Stephen, this is because I had to 
change Ian's username to give him voting rights on animations. I'll email 
him and ask him to re-upload the image.

   (See? I told you I was in a typing frenzy!)  :o)

     ~Steve~


> -- 
>
> Regards
>     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 06:59:13
Message: <55cj849oqu2cp3uh5ljponto9i4l2jm8q1@4ax.com>
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:27:51 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>
>      Yes, let's see how it goes for this one. I think it should be ok, and 
>I've put the 20/20/20 idea on hold too, but, if I see silly scoring like 
>1/1/1, it might be resurrected again, or the perpetrator gets banned. I 
>personally don't want to ban anyone - that just isn't me, but it would be 
>nice to have some honesty. Sure, if an image is really bad, then mark 
>accordingly, but most images aren't like that, they are fairly good in their 
>own unique way, so the voting (and commenting) should reflect that for that 
>particular image.
>
Yeah, the 20/20/20 should be a last resort IMO. I did not know that new entrants
could not vote. Maybe if a score is less than 5 a comment must be made
compulsory (?)

>> BTW in the stills challenge Ian MacKay's image is not shown.
>
>     Ah, thanks for pointing that out Stephen, this is because I had to 
>change Ian's username to give him voting rights on animations. I'll email 
>him and ask him to re-upload the image.
>
Oh! Is he going to upload an animation? I hope so.

>   (See? I told you I was in a typing frenzy!)  :o)

Those little fingers must be worn t the bone :)
-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 07:17:08
Message: <4889b634@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht 
news:55cj849oqu2cp3uh5ljponto9i4l2jm8q1@4ax.com...
>>
> Yeah, the 20/20/20 should be a last resort IMO. I did not know that new 
> entrants
> could not vote. Maybe if a score is less than 5 a comment must be made
> compulsory (?)

This seems to be a good suggestion to me. I'll second that.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 07:18:36
Message: <4889b68c$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:488993de@news.povray.org...
>
>  Hehe, you're not daft Thomas, far from it. :) You are perfectly correct 
> of course, and I have to again say that I didn't like that particular rule 
> myself. It was a way to try and get entrants to enter at another time, 
> rather than just enter once and then disappear never to be seen again. It 
> was also a way to stop vote rigging as there were a few who created extra 
> accounts. Anyway, I've now addressed this and now ALL members can vote 
> whether or not they have entered or will never enter. The rules have been 
> amended to reflect this, and additionally, I've also added that any member 
> can enter as many times as they want as long as it's a 'different' take on 
> the subject. This of course also applies to animations.
>

Excellent news, Steve! Let's look how it goes from here.

(still a lot to do on my next entry.... but it grows, it grows...)

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 07:21:25
Message: <iodj8458n0nsb9pt85m64859m0076tcthk@4ax.com>
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:18:37 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>
>(still a lot to do on my next entry.... but it grows, it grows...)

Mine doesn't, so there's a contrast <g>
-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 08:07:27
Message: <4889c1ff$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message 
news:4889b68c$1@news.povray.org...
>
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:488993de@news.povray.org...

> Excellent news, Steve! Let's look how it goes from here.
>
> (still a lot to do on my next entry.... but it grows, it grows...)

   Heh, I haven't even started yet! But, I do have a great idea based on an 
image I found on the net, but whether I can do it or not is a different 
matter. I'll give it a go though. I'm really looking forward to this round. 
:)

       ~Steve~


>
> Thomas
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 10:00:09
Message: <4889dc69$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message 
news:55cj849oqu2cp3uh5ljponto9i4l2jm8q1@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:27:51 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

> Yeah, the 20/20/20 should be a last resort IMO. I did not know that new 
> entrants
> could not vote. Maybe if a score is less than 5 a comment must be made
> compulsory (?)

   Oh, that sounds like a good idea. I'm seeing Colin this weekend so I'll 
discuss this.


>
>>> BTW in the stills challenge Ian MacKay's image is not shown.
>>
>>     Ah, thanks for pointing that out Stephen, this is because I had to
>>change Ian's username to give him voting rights on animations. I'll email
>>him and ask him to re-upload the image.
>>
> Oh! Is he going to upload an animation? I hope so.

     No, I don't think so, unfortunately. He had voting rights for stills 
but not animations, so everybody now has voting rights on both. But because 
his username was only 3 digits, (which it shouldn't be), I had to change it 
before the 'admin' side of things would let me change the rights for anims.


>
>>   (See? I told you I was in a typing frenzy!)  :o)
>
> Those little fingers must be worn t the bone :)

    To the bone, I tell ye! To the bone!  :)

     ~Steve~


> -- 
>
> Regards
>     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 16:29:05
Message: <o5dk84hrbfqcmopdqqdan97l4m33c4oqk4@4ax.com>
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:59:55 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>
>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message 
>news:55cj849oqu2cp3uh5ljponto9i4l2jm8q1@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:27:51 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, the 20/20/20 should be a last resort IMO. I did not know that new 
>> entrants
>> could not vote. Maybe if a score is less than 5 a comment must be made
>> compulsory (?)
>
>   Oh, that sounds like a good idea. I'm seeing Colin this weekend so I'll 
>discuss this.
>

Less than 5 is just a thought. Ooo! I;ve had one :)
>>
>>>> BTW in the stills challenge Ian MacKay's image is not shown.
>>>
>>>     Ah, thanks for pointing that out Stephen, this is because I had to
>>>change Ian's username to give him voting rights on animations. I'll email
>>>him and ask him to re-upload the image.
>>>
>> Oh! Is he going to upload an animation? I hope so.
>
>     No, I don't think so, unfortunately. He had voting rights for stills 
>but not animations, so everybody now has voting rights on both. But because 
>his username was only 3 digits, (which it shouldn't be), I had to change it 
>before the 'admin' side of things would let me change the rights for anims.
>
>
Shame, I'd like to see what he would do. :(

<Hint, hint :) >

>>
>>>   (See? I told you I was in a typing frenzy!)  :o)
>>
>> Those little fingers must be worn t the bone :)
>
>    To the bone, I tell ye! To the bone!  :)
>
Aye oop! 
:)
-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 26 Jul 2008 05:18:28
Message: <488aebe4$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht 
news:iodj8458n0nsb9pt85m64859m0076tcthk@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:18:37 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" 
> <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>(still a lot to do on my next entry.... but it grows, it grows...)
>
> Mine doesn't, so there's a contrast <g>

LOL!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 26 Jul 2008 05:26:01
Message: <488aeda9$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:4889c1ff$1@news.povray.org...
>
>>
>> (still a lot to do on my next entry.... but it grows, it grows...)
>
>   Heh, I haven't even started yet! But, I do have a great idea based on an 
> image I found on the net, but whether I can do it or not is a different 
> matter. I'll give it a go though. I'm really looking forward to this 
> round. :)
>

This round is not immediately obvious. I needed a couple of weeks to sort 
between options.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.